Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today

I feel able to take on the world
and feel as small as an ant.
I feel happy, joyous
and just a bit sad.
I'm excited, elated
and just a tad nervous.

I feel like an 18 year old girl going to school
but I know I'm a 26 year old woman finishing university.
I feel like I'm packing a lot of things
but I know how much I've given away or am leaving behind.
I feel like I've got a million words to say
but I don't know where to start writing.

So giving hugs I wear a smile
As they wipe away a small tear.
And I laugh with a lump in my throat.
I dream of the reality I will find.

1 comment:

  1. You really have capture a sense of change in a beautiful way, beautiful indeed. The process that starts with a feeling of loosing control for a short while, just before the engine starts - fire! :-)

    ReplyDelete